Build a Social Media Strategy
Check out our Fall Into Social Media Success Discount Bundle and save $51 for the purchase of this course, and the following 3 other courses as well: Leveraging-Leadership-for-Social-Media-Success, Social Media for Leaders: Find Your Voice, and Storytelling for Social-Media.
Build a Social Media Strategy
Your organization’s active presence on social media can be a powerful way to demonstrate your connection to your community, the efforts you are making toward accomplishing your mission, and the impact you have on the sector. Being engaged on social media can encourage funders, donors and volunteers to support your cause in a deeper way.
The best way to position your organization for that type of support and commitment is to have a social media plan and strategy. Randomly posting without first figuring out what you want to accomplish, whom you’re trying to reach, and what you want people to do, is not a strategy.
If you need help thinking through those questions, you’ll find the answers in this self-directed eLearning course. You’ll develop your social media plan covering, how to target the people you want to reach, setting your objectives for social media activity, choosing the strategies you’ll employ to accomplish those goals, and the available tools you can use to execute your plan effectively.
This course was created with content from subject matter expert John Kenyon, Nonprofit Technology Educator & Strategist.
CFRE Education Points: 4
- Define the audience(s) you want to reach on social media
- Refine your social media objectives
- Draft a social media plan aligned with your organization’s strategic goals
- Identify the appropriate resource(s) for executing your plan
Templates/bonus materials available:
- Social Media Content Worksheet
- Social Media Goals Worksheet
- Social Media Planning Worksheet
- Sample Nonprofit Organization Communications Plan
- Case Study: Sample Goals and Objectives
- Social sector staff or volunteers with minimal experience (under two years) using social media on behalf of a nonprofit organization’s goals
- New nonprofit organizations looking to build their brand on social media from scratch
This self-paced, self-directed eLearning course contains 4 units.
Time to complete all of the coursework is estimated between 3-4 hours.
How it works:
Within one business day of your registration, you will be enrolled in Build a Social Media Strategy and receive an e-mail with a link to create your online account at our eLearning platform, Bridge.
Bridge is mobile- and desktop-friendly and only requires a web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, or the latest version of Internet Explorer). Visit Bridge for more information on accessing courses, on navigating through a course and on technical requirements.
You will have access to the course for 60 days after course enrollment..
Our classroom training options can help you get:
SMARTER about proposal writing, proposal budgeting, and grantmaker relationships.
MORE CREATIVE in your approach to fundraising.
THE FUNDS YOU NEED with Foundation Directory Online, the nation's leading grantseeking database.