Grantseeking Basics for International Organizations 10/26/2017
Thursday, October 26th, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Check-in and coffee: 8:30 a.m.
- Special Added Bonus: One-on-one assistance using the database Foundation Directory Online with Foundation Center staff member
- Receive a packet with templates and resources
- Sample letter of inquiries and sample proposals
- Option to receive a certificate of attendance
- Q&A with experts from the field focusing on international programs and grantmaking
- Demonstration of Foundation Directory Online
- Fundraisers from non-governmental organizations
- Fundraisers from U.S. nonprofits with programs overseas
Instructors: Janice Rosenberg and Melissa Grannetino
Washington DC Lead, Foundation Center
Janice Rosenberg has been a librarian/information specialist with Foundation Center in Washington, DC, since December 1996. In 2000, she was promoted to the position of senior librarian. Janice participates in Foundation Center's online librarian initiative and is responsible for DC's e-newsletter. She also handles collection development for the library and provides reference services to library patrons. Janice is currently city lead in the DC office.
As a professional graphic artist for more than 10 years, Janice designed successful fundraising publications for many nationally known nonprofit organizations. She has a B.S. in graphic design and an M.L.S. from the University of Maryland.
Engagement Specialist, Foundation Center
Melissa Grannetino is an Engagement Specialist at Foundation Center where she leads training programs, plans events and assists in fundraising. Melissa has several years of experience in fundraising, research and program evaluation. She has served as a member of the selection committee for Advancement in Management (AIM) Award Competition (formerly known as The Washington Post Award). Prior to joining Foundation Center she developed and implemented donor cultivation and stewardship programs at both The Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Museum of Natural History. She holds a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History and Sociology/Anthropology from Denison University.
Our classroom training options can help you get:
SMARTER about proposal writing, proposal budgeting, and grantmaker relationships.
MORE CREATIVE in your approach to fundraising.
THE FUNDS YOU NEED with Foundation Directory Online, the nation's leading grantseeking database.